Top 5 Pickups on Waiver Wire Wednesday
Your favorite weekly fantasy post is back, after inexplicably missing last week…sorry about that. With teams on bye weeks, the waiver wire becomes even more important.
Since its been a little while, here is a reminder how our picks are presented:
- Name, position, and team of player
- % that player is owned in ESPN and Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues
- Next week’s opponent
- Insightful and invaluable comments
Justin Blackmon – WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
- ESPN: 15.5%, Yahoo: 43%
- @ Rams
- Blackmon has reportedly showed up in the best shape of his life (body fat % down, while gaining weight). After serving his 4 game suspension, Blackmon adds an instant boost to the woeful Jags. Obviously the Jags are the worst team in the league, and possibly the worst team in the history of the game, but he was a monster in the second half of last year, and has the potential to be a solid WR3/Flex option going forward. It’s sad to say this, but if you own him, pray that Chad Henne gets the nod at starting QB. I can’t believe I just said that…maybe picking up Blackmon will get you a free beer or two?
Terrelle Pryor – QB, Oakland Raiders
- ESPN: 22.5%, Yahoo: 22%
- vs Chargers
- The concussion symptoms appear to be behind him, and this is great news for fantasy owners in need of a QB. He has shown huge upside, and is already putting up good numbers. The Chargers, while winning (thank you Rivers, not you Matthews, you still suck), have a bad pass defense (29th to be exact), which should let Pryor put up some nice numbers. He is a great option if your QB is on a bye week, or is Geno Smith (just kidding he’s awful).
Nate Washington – WR, Tennessee Titans
- ESPN: 17.8%, Yahoo: 17%
- vs Chiefs
- I really wish Locker didn’t get hurt. Like REALLY wish Locker didn’t get hurt. Not only do I like him going forward, but I fear Washington’s value is tied with him. Locker got some good news today that his hip injury isn’t too serious, but he is still out a few weeks. In his absence…weeny armed Fitzpatrick…eww. BUT Washington is the undisputed number 1 receiver in Tennessee, and could become a key contributor for a team down the stretch, when Locker returns. If you need a WR, don’t wait for Locker to return to grab Washington, do it, do it now.
Danny Woodhead – RB, San Diego Chargers
- ESPN: 20.8%, Yahoo: 43%
- @ Raiders
- Turns out he’s not a fluke. The Chargers backfield is a joke (Shocking! Ryan Matthews strikes again!), and Rivers is targeting him as a receiver more and more. I really like him as in PPR leagues, but his nose for the end zone makes him a worthy pick up in all formats. Nice flex option.
PPR ONLY – Jonathan Franklin – RB, Green Bay Packers
- ESPN: 6.5%, Yahoo: 21%
- vs Lions
- This is a PPR only special. Franklin posted an impressive stat line (and one incredibly unimpressive/back breaking/weekend ruining/depression inducing fumble), but still an impressive stat line! Anyway, with the Packers backfield completely wide open right now (Starks still nursing a knee injury, Lacy recovering from a concussion) and Franklin showed great burst and open field moves that make him a nice PPR flex option. He has a boom or bust tag with him, so don’t yell at me if he doesn’t get more than 5 touches next week, but I like him vs the Lions this week.
Disagree? Let me know @Moefasa11
Also published on Medium.